When you’re setting up your practice, there’s always going to be tons of things to think about. It’s an exciting time, and you should revel in all the changes that are certainly going on around you. There’s much to look forward to as well! But at the same time, you’ll no doubt be under the gun to get a lot of things done in a short span of time. After all, starting up a whole new practice is definitely going to take a lot of work, and you don’t want it to be drawn out for years.
One of the areas you’ll need to focus on is setting up your supplement store. Most practices have supplement stores where patients and patrons can purchase supplements to match the lifestyles that they are either currently living or looking forward to living.
At Doctors Supplement Store we offer an alternative to housing and managing your own supplement store. We take that responsibility from you, so that you can focus on treating your patients. We will manage the sale and distribution of your prescribed supplements, so you can take care of more important things. To find out how we can help you, contact Doctors Supplement Store today.
Who Especially Benefits From Dietary Supplements?
These are the people who you will want to market to and who will ultimately benefit the most from your practice’s supplement store.
- Those who are gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan or have other dietary restrictions either by choice or for medical reasons
- Teens or kids who have somewhat irregular or unhealthy eating habits
- Older adults and senior citizens
- Individuals who eat large amounts of fast food or processed and packaged food on a daily basis
- Women who are lactating or pregnant
- Women who could possibly have children and who may need supplementary iron, calcium and other vitamins and minerals necessary during childbearing years
- Those who are on diets or are not eating enough calories each day due to disease, illness or medical reasons
- Those who are struggling with eating disorders such as bulimia nervosa or anorexia nervosa
- Those who have recently had surgery or procedures of any kind and are currently in recovery
- Those who are building up strength and stamina for an upcoming surgery or procedure
Types of Dietary Supplements on the Market
The types of supplements you offer to your patients and other patrons will be of the utmost importance. The following outlines the main types of supplements you should have in stock.
Vitamins and Minerals
When your diet doesn’t give you enough vitamins and minerals, you can take these supplements to help your body out.
These supplements may help improve heart function, brain function and mood. They have also been known to improve hair, nail and teeth quality.
Botanicals (from herbs and plants)
Specific herbs and plants offer aids and cures for many types of ailments. These dietary supplements are always derived from nature.
Protein and Workout Supplements
These supplements can improve workout and exercise performance for athletes or those looking to lose weight.